Frequently Asked Questions
Backup clients are available for Windows, Linux, and MacOS. Some features are not available for some operating systems, so please contact us if you have any questions.
You can set the retention to whatever you need. The backup client has many options for how retention is handled. The cost is the same, up to 10TiB of storage per account.
Options for Exchange Server and SQL Server are available as well as Office 365 and G Suite.
Genesis Backup is designed for corporate environments, but can also be used for individuals.
For corporate environments, additional reporting and deployment options are available for monitoring activity, remotely managing systems, as well as performing remote restores from an administrative console. An MSP, for example, could use the service to manage their clients' backups and environments.
They can be - this is an option in the backup client, as well as options for compression, bandwidth limits, retention, and others.
Yes, but only for Windows machines.
Genesis Backup was designed to be extremely performant with no risk of price creep due to transaction or bandwidth costs. We also provide professional services to assist with corporate installations where automation is required. With the ability to recover to local infrastructure running at Genesis, restores can be extremely fast – no need to recover from a backup service to a public cloud provider over slow, oversubscribed, and typically throttled links. We provide a free trial and free discussions by phone so you can try before you buy without any risk. Give us a chance to impress you!
- Other backup solutions only provide storage, not infrastructure for fast recovery.
- We offer local, cloud, and hybrid backups (backed-up locally, then uploaded to Genesis).
- The big 3 cloud providers charge a lot for bandwidth – not Genesis.
- No limitations in file types, sizes, server vs desktop, etc.
- No difference between individual and Enterprise-sized deployments.
- VM backups from VMware, Hyper-V, etc., bare metal recovery options, network shares, G Suite and Office 365 backups, etc. are all available.
- No Vendor lock-in – don’t like Genesis? Move your object storage files, buy direct.
No – all bandwidth and storage costs are inclusive in the service.
Yes – most commands are available. Use “cbb -?” to see all of the commands.
Yes – using the command line options: /S /D="C:\customFolder”
Yes, for a small fee. Please contact us to discuss the process and details.