Software / TSPlus
Frequently Asked Questions
TSPlus replaces the Remote Desktop Services component in Windows (the RDS service can actually be disabled) with a much more capable RDS service that is also less vulnerable to attack than Microsoft's implementation.
In addition to RDP support, TSPlus includes features such as:
- HTML5 support for "desktop in a browser" functionality
- RemoteApp support - including HTML5 support for RemoteApp (Web-enable any application)
- Support for Win2012R2, 2016, and 2019 as well as desktop versions of Windows
- Universal Printer - prints to a PDF, transmits the PDF to the client, and prints to the default printer seamlessly
- Transporting RDP traffic over SSH instead of HTTPS
- Web applications portal - making it a single click of an icon to start an application
- Integration with RDS Knight to reduce attack surface for logins to RDP and HTML5 interfaces
- Option for Two Factor Authentication
- MUCH simpler to manage than Microsoft's RDS
- Options for Android and iPhone client apps
- Multiple options for authentication including Active Directory
- Enterprise features such as load balancing, gateway portal, and application-specific redirection to specific farm members.
See the TSPlus site for more information: https://www.terminalserviceplus.com/
Note that Remote Desktop Services CALs are still required to be licensed correctly. Contact us about renting Remote Desktop Services CAL licensing.